The Big History Project is a free, online social studies course designed for secondary schools.
It’s a joint effort between a group of dedicated teachers, schools, and supporters, committed to helping students develop vital skills, knowledge, and enduring passion for learning.
Big history covers it all – 13.7 billion years of shared history. It challenges students to ask and explore the big questions about our Universe, our planet, life and humanity.
- 100% open, online curriculum and content; easy to download, print, and share
- Ready-made lesson plans, inline teaching guidance, and support
- Custom-designed content including videos, texts, comics, and animations
- Easily tailored state standards and instructional approaches
- Aligned to Common Core ELA standards for 9th and 10th grades