The Vikings are headed back to San Diego Comic-Con in July 2015.
HISTORY’s VIKINGS Panel
Friday, July 10, 2015 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. PT
Room 6A, San Diego Convention Center
Vikings returns to SDCC fresh from the Season Four set. Travis Fimmel (Ragnar), Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha), Clive Standen (Rollo) and Alexander Ludwig (Bjorn) along with Michael Hirst (writer/creator) and Dirk Hoogstra (EVP & General Manager, HISTORY) will reveal an exclusive sneak peek of the new season. Don’t miss out – come join them and find out what the gods have in store for Season Four!
VIKINGS BLUDGEON BOOTH – CONVENTION CENTER
Vikings will be in booth #437 with a cinematic Instagram booth, allowing fans to create their own special effects Viking battle.
- The Bludgeon Booth is a walk-in glass and wooden structure, equipped with multiple ultra-slow motion cameras
- Fans dress in authentic costume, choose their opponent and then swing their Viking weapon to unleash special-effect blood splatter; cameras capture cinema-quality footage, which is compiled by on-site editors and integrated into a battle scene from the show
- 15 second clips depicting a Viking battle are sharable via Instagram and other social platforms
VIKINGS HORNS – GASLAMP DISTRICT
Last year’s successful Vikings drinking horn program returns, giving thousands of horn-shaped beer vessels to eager and thirsty fans.
- Local bars will offer special drink discounts for horn-holders. Locations: Tavern & Bowl, Analog Bar, Tin Roof, Double Standard, The New Yorker, Garage Kitchen & Bar, Florent Restaurant, La Puerta and The Shout House
- Vikings Brand Ambassadors and Shield Maidens will distribute the horns throughout the Gaslamp District
VIKINGS LONGSHIP – DOWNTOWN / GASLAMP DISTRICT
Let fans conquer San Diego aboard a Vikings Longship, driving through Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and sailing the harbor on Friday, July 10 and Saturday, July 11.
- Custom fabrication and boat wrap will transform a popular San Diego “Seal Boat” into a Vikings Longship
- The boat will offer fans free stops to select Gaslamp locations, with fans receiving a Vikings Drinking Horn at the conclusion of the ride. Stops:
Mornings (9 a.m. – Noon PT): Harbor Drive Route: Pick-Up at Grand Hyatt / Drop-Off Convention Center (5th Avenue Landing)
Afternoons (1 – 5 p.m. PT): Gaslamp Loop: Pick-Up and Drop-Off at 7th Avenue Parking Lot between Island and Market
- Select fans will also have a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard the Longship with the cast of Vikings.
- Follow @HistoryVikings for details on how to get a Longship ride and win a chance to board the sunset cruise with the cast.