- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Beyond Dallas: The Assassination’s Key Players After Nov. 22, 1963
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- A Calamity at Sea, 70 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Pearl Harbor bombed, 1941
At 7:55 a.m. Hawaii time, a Japanese dive bomber bearing the red symbol of the Rising Sun of Japan on its wings appears out of the clouds above the island of Oa…
Category: Black History
On the 175th anniversary of the escape of Frederick Douglass from slavery, look back at how the famed abolitionist became a free man.
On the 150th anniversary of the bloody battle that inspired the movie “Glory,” take a look back at the all-black 54th Massachusetts Regiment.
On the 100th anniversary of the birth of Rosa Parks, explore 10 surprising facts about the civil rights activist.
Find out more about the distinguished all-black unit portrayed in the new movie “Red Tails.”
Boston’s African Meeting House reopened last week after undergoing a meticulous restoration that returned the structure to its 19th-century appearance.
Check out images of the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial, which was unveiled this week on the National Mall.