- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- 151 Years Later, Gettysburg Hero Awarded Medal of Honor
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
"The Mousetrap," a murder-mystery written by the novelist and playwright Agatha Christie, opens at the Ambassadors Theatre in London. The crowd-pleasi…
Category: Black History
70 years after the worst home front disaster of World War II, learn how an explosion at a California port sparked a Naval mutiny and led to an influential debate on civil rights.
Fifty years after he first won the heavyweight title, explore 10 surprising facts about boxing legend Muhammad Ali.
On the 95th anniversary of Jackie Robinson’s birth, explore little-known facts about the man who integrated baseball.
On the 175th anniversary of the escape of Frederick Douglass from slavery, look back at how the famed abolitionist became a free man.
On the 150th anniversary of the bloody battle that inspired the movie “Glory,” take a look back at the all-black 54th Massachusetts Regiment.
On the 100th anniversary of the birth of Rosa Parks, explore 10 surprising facts about the civil rights activist.
Find out more about the distinguished all-black unit portrayed in the new movie “Red Tails.”
Boston’s African Meeting House reopened last week after undergoing a meticulous restoration that returned the structure to its 19th-century appearance.
Check out images of the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial, which was unveiled this week on the National Mall.