- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1956, a baby gorilla named Colo enters the world at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, becoming the first-ever gorilla born in captivity. Weighing in at a…
Category: Black History
70 years after the worst home front disaster of World War II, learn how an explosion at a California port sparked a Naval mutiny and led to an influential debate on civil rights.
Fifty years after he first won the heavyweight title, explore 10 surprising facts about boxing legend Muhammad Ali.
On the 95th anniversary of Jackie Robinson’s birth, explore little-known facts about the man who integrated baseball.
On the 175th anniversary of the escape of Frederick Douglass from slavery, look back at how the famed abolitionist became a free man.
On the 150th anniversary of the bloody battle that inspired the movie “Glory,” take a look back at the all-black 54th Massachusetts Regiment.
On the 100th anniversary of the birth of Rosa Parks, explore 10 surprising facts about the civil rights activist.
Find out more about the distinguished all-black unit portrayed in the new movie “Red Tails.”
Boston’s African Meeting House reopened last week after undergoing a meticulous restoration that returned the structure to its 19th-century appearance.
Check out images of the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial, which was unveiled this week on the National Mall.