An historian fed up with doubts about Billy the Kid’s demise has petitioned a New Mexico court to create a death certificate for the famous outlaw.
About History in the HeadlinesCatch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- CT Scan Reveals Mummified Monk Inside Ancient Buddha Statue
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Magna Carta Worth $15 Million Found in Archived Scrapbook
- Oldest Surviving USS Arizona Crewman Dies at 100
- Scientists Seek Cholera DNA in Tuscan Cemetery
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Lindbergh baby kidnapped, 1932
On this day in 1932, in a crime that captured the attention of the entire nation, Charles Lindbergh III, the 20-month-old son of aviation hero Charles Lindbergh…