- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- Iconic Waldorf Astoria Hotel Changes Hands
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On October 20, 1947, the notorious Red Scare kicks into high gear in Washington, as a Congressional committee begins investigating Communist influence in one of…
Nicolas-Jacques Pelletier became the first of thousands to be executed by the guillotine 220 years ago today.
British researchers have found the final resting place of Derek Allen, a Royal Air Force pilot who went missing in 1940.
To commemorate Joan of Arc’s 600th birthday, explore some facts about the legendary “Maid of Orléans” that might come as a surprise.
After a century-long ban, France has legalized absinthe, a potion with a rich history that artists once prized for its supposed hallucinogenic effects.