- 10 Things You May Not Know About Muhammad Ali
- New Study Reveals Source of Stonehenge Rocks
- Scientists Confirm Crystal as Oldest Piece of Earth’s Crust
- Scientists Probe Mystery Behind Chile’s Ancient Whale Graveyard
- Andersonville, 150 Years Ago
- Legendary Admiral’s WWII Diary To Be Released Online
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- Mass Extinction Occurred Much Faster Than Previously Thought
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
In Russia, the February Revolution (known as such because of Russia's use of the Julian calendar) begins when riots and strikes over the scarcity of food e…
The monstrous Hurricane of 1938 killed hundreds as it tore through the Northeast—and no one knew it was coming.
Does history support the common perception that disasters can lead to spikes in birth rates?
As Hurricane Irene churns toward the northeastern United States, find out how tropical cyclones came to be assigned people’s names.