- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- 151 Years Later, Gettysburg Hero Awarded Medal of Honor
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- Lincoln’s Hard-Fought Civil War Re-Election, 150 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On November 23, 1936, the first issue of the pictorial magazine Life is published, featuring a cover photo of the Fort Peck Dam by Margaret Bourke-White. Life a…
The monstrous Hurricane of 1938 killed hundreds as it tore through the Northeast—and no one knew it was coming.
Does history support the common perception that disasters can lead to spikes in birth rates?
As Hurricane Irene churns toward the northeastern United States, find out how tropical cyclones came to be assigned people’s names.