- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
- 10 Things You Should Know About Voltaire
- Napoleon’s Hat Fetches $2.4 Million at Auction
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On November 27, 1095, Pope Urban II makes perhaps the most influential speech of the Middle Ages, giving rise to the Crusades by calling all Christians in Europ…
The monstrous Hurricane of 1938 killed hundreds as it tore through the Northeast—and no one knew it was coming.
Does history support the common perception that disasters can lead to spikes in birth rates?
As Hurricane Irene churns toward the northeastern United States, find out how tropical cyclones came to be assigned people’s names.