History is full of bizarre, seemingly impossible coincidences. Check out six stories that may sound unbelievable—but are all true.
About HISTORY ListsCount your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
- 6 Famous Coincidences
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Crucial Innovations in the Invention of Photography
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 8 Things You Should Know About Al Capone
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
This Day in History
Bikini introduced, 1946
On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. Parisian showgirl Mic…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.