- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 8 Unusual Civil War Weapons
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 6 Soldiers Who Refused to Surrender
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
A massive wagon train, made up of 1,000 settlers and 1,000 head of cattle, sets off down the Oregon Trail from Independence, Missouri. Known as the "Great …
Explore seven surprising facts about Joan of Arc, 600 years after the courageous teenager rose from obscurity to lead the French army.
Meet four powerful women who bedded but never wedded their paramours, leaving their mark on history by serving as confidantes and advisers.