- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 8 Unusual Civil War Weapons
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 6 Soldiers Who Refused to Surrender
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
A massive wagon train, made up of 1,000 settlers and 1,000 head of cattle, sets off down the Oregon Trail from Independence, Missouri. Known as the "Great …
Get the facts on the ways 5 ancient civilizations rang in the New Year.
From China’s “flying money” to Siberian “soft gold,” here are eight things you may not know about the history of money.
Find out about six young rulers whose actions and decisions had very grown-up consequences.