TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO SUBSCRIPTION OR PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These Terms and Conditions apply for the “All You Can Eat Giveaway on Twitter.com” Contest (“Contest”) conducted by A&E Television Networks, LLC (“Sponsor”) and promoted on www.Twitter.com with Official Rules available at www.history.com/eatandtweet (”Website”).
1. ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, (B) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AND (C) BE FOLLOWER OF H2 (@more2history) ON TWITTER.COM AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CONTEST SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and related entities (collectively, the ”Released Entities”), and their immediate families are not eligible. Twitter.com is not affiliated with this Contest in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Contest or the awarding of the Prize.
2. DESCRIPTION: The Contest begins at 12:00:00AM ET on Monday, June 17, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EDT on Monday, June 24, 2013 (the “Contest Period”), according to Sponsor’s time clock. There will be one (1) Contest Period during the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter: (a) follow H2 on Twitter (@more2history); (b) post a Tweet on Twitter using #AllYouCanEat as directed by the H2 twitter account (each, an “Entry”, and collectively, “Entries”).
Entrants may submit multiple Entries during the Contest Period, subject to the following: Each Entry must be different and contain a unique Tweet. No duplicate Tweets or near duplicate Tweets allowed; such Tweets will be deemed VOID. ALL TWITTER POSTS RECEIVED AT ANY OTHER TIME WILL BE VOID AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED ENTRIES. Tweets may not be obscene or indecent and may not violate applicable laws and regulations. Tweets must not infringe upon any right of any third party including, without limitation, any Third Party Intellectual Property rights of any third party.
Entrants agree that his/her Submission shall not contain, include or involve any of the following and :
- Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols
- Gang signs or symbols
- Sexual activity
- Illegal drug or alcohol use
- Commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
- Unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, etc.)
- License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise
- Website or web page links
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliation of other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others
- Trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property
- Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress)
- Conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules
- Any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion
Each Entrant hereby grants and agrees to grant to the Sponsor and to each of the other Contest Entities the right to exhibit, webcast, podcast, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, edit, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, distribute and synchronize in time related to visual elements, post, and/or otherwise use and/or exploit his/her Submission or any parts thereof, in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in any manner or media now existing or hereinafter devised, including, but not limited to, the right to make any and all uses thereof, or for purposes of advertising or trade without any compensation to Entrant.
4. JUDGES AND WINNER SELECTION: One (1) winner (“Prize Winner”) will be selected by a panel chosen as judges by Sponsor (“Judges”), whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest, on or about June 24, 2013 from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period, the selection of which will be based upon the following criteria (“Criteria”): (i) 50% for originality; and (ii) 50% for creativity. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be reviewed by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate the Entries according to the Judging Criteria listed above. The Prize Winner will be notified via direct tweet to their twitter account on or about June 25, 2013. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternative Prize Winner if any of the Entrants fail to comply with these Official Rules.
5. GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Two Hundred Dollar ($200) gift card grand prize (“Prize”). Total ARV of all prizes is Two Hundred Dollars ($200) Additional prize restrictions, limitations and exclusions may apply. The Prize will be awarded (assuming a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and, after reasonable attempts, the Prize Winner is verified). The Prize Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize or redeem any non-monetary prize for money. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize (or prize component, if applicable) with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of the Prize and is not responsible for Prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes, fees, and any other costs associated with acceptance and use of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Prize winners. Limit one (1) Prize per household.
6. INTERNET: In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of the Prize winner based on an e-mail address or Twitter account, the winning Entry will be declared made by the ”Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address or Twitter account at time the individual became a H2 follower on Twitter.com. ”Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any Entrant or potential Prize Winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the Entry.
7. GENERAL: By accepting a Prize, each Entrant and Prize Winner (1) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agrees to release Sponsor and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consents to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledges that Sponsor and Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Contest are final.
8. LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By participating in this Contest, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the Released Entities, including but not limited Sponsor from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest; or (e) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may be result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or a Prize Winner’s receipt, acceptance, use &/or enjoyment of the Prize. In no event shall the Released Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor and Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Contest materials. Sponsor and Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Contest, the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of Prize Winner, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a Prize has been won.
10. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the Prize Winner, (available after June 31, 2013) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by August 23, 2013 to: All You Can Eat on Twitter Contest on Twitter, A&E Television Networks LLC, 235 E. 45th Street, New York, New York, 10017. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List”.
Copyright © 2013, A&E Television Networks, LLC, All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.